Transitional Reading Stage: Levels G-H (12-14)
Features of Despegando hacia la lecturaTM at the Transitional Reading Stage
Guided Reading Levels G–H (12–14) *
Paired, Connected Texts at This Stage:
- New, phonologically regular vocabulary is carefully introduced.
• Language structures become more complex.
• High-frequency words are revisited and extended.
- Present the students with more complex language structures
- Revisit and extend high-frequency words
- Further develop comprehension and ﬂuency through a range of reading strategies.