Early Fluent Reading Stage: Levels I-J (16-18)
Features of Despegando hacia la lecturaTM at the Early Fluent Reading Stage
Guided Reading Levels I–J (16–18) *
Paired, Connected Texts at This Stage:
- Increased complexity of concepts.
• Phonologically regular words now include more complex vowel combinations
- Support sustained reading with the introduction of chapter books
- Increase the conceptual load
- Increase the complexity of language structures
- Continue to develop comprehension and ﬂuency through a range of reading strategies.