Student Books for Small Group Work and Guided Reading
Despegando hacia la lectura™ supports the systematic development of reading strategies and skills in young students. It begins with oral language, then builds vocabulary, increases phonemic awareness, builds letter-sound relationships, develops print knowledge, and promotes comprehension.
The Despegando hacia la lectura™ program contains:
- 340 titles organized into 9 Developmental Reading Stages – paired narrative and informational texts
- 252 Perspectivas Texts (6 copies each of 42 titles)
- 42 Perspectivas Lesson Plan Cards (1 per each title)
- 170 Paired-Text Lesson Plan Cards on sturdy laminated cards (1 per pair of titles)
- 876 Take-Home books, (6 copies each of 146 titles)
- 24 Vocabulary Starters in the Early Emergent Stage only
- Digital Activities in the Early Emergent Stage only
An overview of the reading strategies for each book by stage can be seen on the Scope and Sequence Charts. Reading Across the Curriculum Charts detail text features and content vocabulary for each title. These can also be found under the Teacher Support Materials tab.